Our annual Johnston Heights Wordsmith (creative writing) Competition is back! Submit your best creative work to compete for recognition and prizes!
There are two categories at each grade level: poetry (includes spoken word/rap) and prose (short stories and plays).
- You can submit one entry per category
- Entries must be typed in Times New Roman size 12 font.
- Max. word count for grade 8s and 9s: 500 words.
- Max. word count for grades 10-12: 1000 words.
- Entries will be judged blindly, so please do not put your name directly on your work. See your English teacher (or any English teacher) for a cover page.
The deadline is April 12th, 2019. Good luck!
To all of my semester 1 students:
By now you should know whether you are missing any assignments. All missing/late work must be submitted by Friday, January 18th. If you need extra help, please come see me after school (any day except Wednesday).
Wishing all of my students and their families a Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays and a relaxing break! See you in 2019 🙂
Don’t forget to wear something orange for Orange Shirt Day tomorrow!
If you don’t know what Orange Shirt Day is, watch the video below:
Grade 8s and other new students — welcome to Johnston Heights!
Everyone else — welcome back! I hope you all had an amazing summer.
When you are absent, please use this website to stay up-to-date on missed coursework and homework. If you are using a mobile device, click on “Menu” and then on your subject area. Content will added every day that you have class.
I look forward to getting to know all of you 🙂