The EagleTime app is a free download from the Apple App store or Play Store. You can use it to check the daily block schedule, read JH announcements, access teacher websites, and receive notifications from teachers.
After downloading the app:
- If you have never used the app before, you will need to tap the menu button on the top left to sign up for an account.
- On the Classes screen, click the + button to select your classes. You will need to know each course, the course section number, and the teacher’s name. You can find all of this information on your printed timetable.
- After this is done, the daily block schedule will automatically appear in your individualized agenda.
The Surrey Public Library has a TON of awesome things going on this summer.
For creative writers, there is a Young Adult writing contest (deadline 10AM August 4th), a Creative Writing Camp, a Comic Creation Workshop, Teen writing groups, and a separate contest just for fanfiction!
There are also reading groups (including a club just for Anime!), workshops with award-winning authors, gaming events, animation workshops, and lots more!
Check out http://www.surreylibraries.ca/programs-services/4860.aspx for more information.
Have a great summer! 🙂
The annual JH Wordsmith (creative writing) Competition is back! Entries will be judged by grade level in two separate categories: prose and verse. Prose = short stories and plays; verse = all forms of poetry (including rap / spoken word). The deadline has been extended to Friday, May 22nd.
1. You can submit a maximum of two entries, one in each category.
2. Prose entries must not exceed 1000 words.
3. Entries must be typed in Times New Roman size 12 font. Hand written entries will not be accepted.
4. Content must be school appropriate.
5. Your name must appear ONLY on the cover page, not anywhere else on your entry. (You can get a copy of the cover page from your English teacher.)
Are you in grades 8-11 and taking French this year? Do you want to travel, meet new people, improve your French language skills, and experience Québécois culture? If so, come see Ms. Keller or follow the link for more information about the amazing SEVEC Quebec Exchange program!
Wishing all of my students and their families a Merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday season. Enjoy the break! 🙂
By now, all of my students should be aware of any misssing assignments. If you don’t know which assignments you are missing or have any questions about missing assigments, please come see me. All missing assignments must be submitted on or before Wednesday, June 11th.
Submit your poems and/or short stories for possible publication in the Voices Visible Student Writing Journal. Deadline is April 22, 2014. Click on the link for Writing Contest rules and entry form.
Please see me for more information or to read winning entries from past years.